- Friends And Family
- Friends and Family of Those Living with a Mental Health Condition: A Conversation with Kate McLaughlin, Author, Speaker and Advocate
- What can I do if I am concerned about a family member or friend?
What can I do if I am concerned about a family member or friend?
- Write down the behaviors or actions that worry you. Be as specific as possible.
- At a time when you both are calm and comfortable, share your list and the fact that these are symptoms of a condition that can be treated.
- If your family member or friend already has a mental health diagnosis, encourage a return visit to the doctor.
- If no diagnosis has been made, stress the fact that these symptoms require medical assessment and treatment.