- Friends And Family
- Friends and Family of Those Living with a Mental Health Condition: A Conversation with Kate McLaughlin, Author, Speaker and Advocate
- How can I best support family members and friends living with mental health conditions?
How can I best support family members and friends living with mental health conditions?
- Be willing to talk honestly, without judgment, shame or blame.
- Encourage them to openly communicate with their treatment team.
- Invite and include them in activities that have always been fun--understand though that sometimes these activities may be overwhelming.
- Be an example of safe and healthy living.
- Learn new and healthy ways to spend time together.